2.03.2008

Thank goodness for Xiu Xiu

So I'm now in full swing of production and writing for the next film due out November 2008 and I'm trying to get in touch with artists I admire for help. I recently got in touch with Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu and asked if he was interested in making the entire soundtrack. Jamie is great at getting back to people via email and so far it looks like the interest is being returned. (nothing set in stone yet though...we'll see.) If you haven't hear Xiu Xiu's music, or heard of them period...educate yourself here. XIU XIU Womaen as Lovers. Not only is that the title of their most recent release, but a pretty cool website that invites you to participate in the making of music and poetry. The album is a piece of indie music genius and I think fits beyond well with the subject matter of TBTK. I sent my image with my recent album purchase and got this pretty sweet haiku written about me. Pretty dead on Jaime...thanks! Hope to work with you guys on the soundtrack!


cheers
John

No comments: