1.27.2008

relax John...it's just a movie

After a pretty nasty scare this weekend I find myself leaving through website after website of self distribution models and Sundance Film Festival images. After all that, I have to say...it's only a film. From me taking things too seriously, to these images of people congratulating themselves like they just put a man in space I have to really start putting things into perspective. In the interest of discovering isolation and true depravity I've taken the research just a step too far and need to pull back on the stick...I'm sure I can understand sorrow without making it an everyday experience. I also think that these new self-proclamed lords of indie-filmmaking need to take it down a notch...you've just made a movie about 20 somethings relationships...you didn't find the cure for cancer and you don't have the answer to all things indie. (By the way is anyone really all that interested in the relationships of 20 something hipsters? really?)

On an up note the film will be out on Indiepix January 29th. IndiePix has been great through the whole process and I hope to be working with them on the next project, The Brave and The Kind. Keep posted for more details. PLUS on January 29th Xiu Xiu's new album Women as Lovers comes out. EGTTR officially endorses The Xiu Xiu crew!

Cheers
John

No comments: